Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Where have you been?!?

Thank you to my loyal and devoted readers who have gently reminded me that my posts are missed. For your patient endurance I give both of you an update... ;)

I don't have any amazing excuses about why it's been so long, just life I think. 

I've been making meals, reading stories, going to church, changing diapers, milking goats, hosting community group, correcting children, admitting failures, trying to keep up with house work that is somehow never finished, grocery shopping, kissing bonks and bangs, wrestling, snuggling, and sleeping too. Just the day to day kind of life. The "reminds me of why i'm so desperately in need of a savior" kind of life. The good kind of life!

Here are some highlights from the last few months:
Daisy Mae, Cassie, and Jackson
We've added another goat to our little herd, so now we have Daisy Mae, Cassie, and Jackson. He is a friendly but spirited (stubborn as heck) nigerian dwarf wether! He's around for companionship and helps us know when the does are ready for breeding, although he can't do anything about it. In other news... Daisy has been bred and should kid  in late April. Cassie has been with a buck, although, we don't think it took. But If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. :) 

(check out all that goat jargon)


Some Goats!
Charlotte must have heard my muttered threats toward their wellbeing on a particularly noisy day. :)





E turned 1! 1st birthdays are so confusing... WAIT, WHAT? Now you WANT me to rip paper? He caught on fast though. :)
In lieu of a cake picture... here's spaghetti face.  
And yogurt face!
And then there was Christmas!
"Mama, take my picture with this!"... for advent we read a bible story, had a piece of candy and, cut off one link each night. It was really neat to have J be at an age where he is able to understand and be excited to celebrate Christmas. 

after that it finally snowed!
other news:

Jordan found this on craigslist for free! J is pumped (pun invalid... he doesn't know how yet) about it... it will be especially nice when it's a little warmer outside. 

I love J's imagination... these are airplanes. (fashioned from kleenex and chip clips)

E loves hats! Sometimes he's being quiet and I expect to find him unrolling the toilet paper and instead he's looking at books or putting on hats. :) Sorry it's blurry, I took at least 10 and they all were. He's a mover!

J has taken to wearing this carabiner and keys around on his belt loop... just like daddy. It's really cute!

E is maybe just a little pleased with himself...
he finally managed to climb into that pesky rocking chair that's always bucking him off! 
We heart Playdoh!!!

"Mama can you build me owls?" (I can't take credit for the snake)  :)
I turn my back for one second... Owl family massacre!

And for the grand finale... a first installment of, "Busy Mama = Busy Boys". I'm unfortunately sure there will be many more installments in my future!


Where was I? I was reorganizing the kitchen cupboards.
Where were they? They were in their bedroom playing quietly (theme anyone?).
What is that? That is xanthan gum.
Xanthan gum is used as a binding agent in gluten free baked goods.
When wet it turns into a thick, sticky, slimy, paste. Note E's head. 
I hope it's been worth the wait!
I'll try to update again sooner!
Love, April





2 comments:

  1. I am laughing out loud. Oh my goodness, I know I have it all coming but your boys are just so cute in all their adventures. I love it!!
    Side note, I spilled xanthan gum on the kitchen floor once, mid-baking and tried to clean it with a wet cloth. Big mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha! I love the new installment. I looked at those pictures and think, boy do I know where she is at! My most recent was dashing around the house getting ready to leave and come out to Ruby hysterically giggling as she runs around our couch unwinding a whole skeen of yarn!

    ReplyDelete