Monday, April 14, 2014

la da da da life goes on...


We've added another member to our circus... His name is "Tattletale"... I confess he get's no attention from me. 

Ask E, it takes a bit more to get mom's attention these days, even resorting to stunts. 

When that didn't work as well as they liked they even conspired to contract the Chicken Pox. ;) 

(Poor guys, they've been troopers, very itchy little troopers.)


To remedy the attention deficit the boys are experiencing with a new brother, I've prescribed Baking/Cooking together. The kitchen is usually in ruins afterward, but the boys get some intentional Mom time. And it's good for me to remember that it's the process, not the finish product that's the focus.  

I have been pleasantly surprised, the product generally turn out well...
(Mmm... Homemade Cinnamon Rolls)

And those little guys can be quite helpful! They crank the pasta maker for me while I feed the dough through and catch it on the other side.

Outside of the kitchen, The boys have taken the role of big brother seriously.

J offers helpful snuggles when he's fussy, he put him to sleep here.

and both boys like to entertain and keep I-guy happy while I'm busy. 
(probably cleaning up the kitchen). 



Another thing we've been doing a lot lately is drawings. J loves to draw. Today he brought me this picture and he described what he drew "it's a space shuttle and planets and there's earth"...


Look a little closer... that little bugger actually drew earth! North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, Antarctica (and he threw in the North Pole) :)


For the record, yes I know that this is not what earth would actually look like from space, but it is what it looks like on the maps he's seen, what a little smarty pants. Thank you CC. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment